Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from Ortolan Group Hide jobs in this location
- Ortolan Group
- From £19,380 to £19,380 per year
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
German Media Researcher – Europe (9 months fixed term contract)
A great opportunity has arisen to join a vibrant, exciting and growing media business. Gorkana Group is now looking for professional and experienced Media Researchers on a fixed term 9 months contract to focus on the German markets within the database team.
Gorkana Group brings together the UK's most recommended Media Database, Multi-channel Media Monitoring and PR Measurement services for PR's and marketers representing all kinds of organisations. Headquartered in the UK, we currently have offices in London and New York.
The company boasts an impressive array of products and the career opportunities are endless. For those with ambition and determination, this company could provide you with a great future.
The primary focus of the role is to be the guardian of the EU Gorkana database and to maintain its accuracy and detail. As the Media Researcher you will establish and build journalist relationships. The role will include researching publications and individual journalists in order to ensure that our database is as up to date. You will also be responsible to help build-out the DACH region (Germany, Austria, and Switzerland) as well as responding swiftly to client requests for particular information.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Researching and verification of journalist data, and updating the database accordingly in line with Data Protection.
• Researching and verification of publications, updating database accordingly.
• Help to expand European language data into other sectors.
• Maintain the accuracy of the database and your country through productive research.
• Data entry.
• Build relationships with editorial staff and verify information for allocated newspapers and publications through telephone contact and meetings.
• Responsibility for looking after a national newspaper
• Help to support our PR clients across all sectors and various levels, by answering queries including via email and telephone
• Fluent German & English (written/Oral), 3rd language desirable (French or Dutch) but not essential
• Interest and knowledge of the media industry in Europe, specifically German/DACH
• Data entry skills
• Computer literate (MS Office)
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all work
• Ability to conduct productive research via internet and telephone
• Ability to deal with clients/journalists at all levels
• Relationship building and maintain relationships
• Self motivated with ability to time manage
• Confident telephone manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in all languages
• Attention to detail and accuracy in all work
This role is a full time role and the working hours are 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 9:00am - 17:30pm.
Alongside a competitive salary (£19,380 per annum) we also offer the following excellent benefits:
Pension Scheme (up to 5% company contribution), 25 Days Holiday + 8 BH, 4 x Life insurance, subsidised canteen, Denplan, Season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, gym subsidy, great training and development opportunities, excellent career progression and much more.
- Maureen Marguerie
Your application for ‘German Media Researcher – Europe’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!