Exclude any of the below options from the search results:
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
At A Glance
Part of the TUI Travel Group, JCA is one of the fastest growing providers of school residential and day activity centres, predominantly to primary schools. JCA has recently invested in a multi-million pound development and have successfully enhanced the existing facilities of Condover Hall. This exceptional centre and location is the flagship site to deliver an unforgettable learning experience to both students and teachers alike.
You will be responsible for covering reception and completing essential basic operational and procedural administration tasks, including initially dealing with guest and staff enquires and ensuring all visitors comply with our site security procedures. You will provide support and assistance to the Admin/ receptionists and other managers.
What You'll Be Doing
- Cover the reception for day or part day shifts, including answering all incoming telephone calls.
- Deal with guest and staff enquiries or concerns.
- Collate and issue welcome paperwork and keys to visitors and guests.
- Ensure onsite safety procedures are met for visitors.
- Control access to centre via intercom and security systems.
- Complete some operational paperwork returns.
- Organise and manage internal and external post.
- Order stationery and equipment supplies.
- Organise and store paperwork, documents and computer based information.
- Provide support for internal communications, including communication of company HR and staff policies, updating of intranet and notice boards.
- Provide administration support to department managers where required
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
What Were Looking For
- Enthusiastic and proactive individual
- Smart and presentable
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build relationships at all levels
- Hands on, can do attitude
- Ability to work with little supervision and willing to take on responsibility when required
- High level of organisational skills with ability to multi task
- Strong communicator, written and verbal, adapting approach to match audience
- Excellent time management
- Eye for detail
- Ability to working in a pressurised environment
- Proven experience in a similar role or previous administration experience is desirable
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Shorthand skills would be desirable but are not essential
- Satisfactory receipt of criminal records check.
What We Can Offer You
- Opportunity to gain an NVQ in Customer Service.
- Seasonal contract
- Shared subsidised accommodation and an optional food scheme
- Full training
- Development opportunities within both JCA and other TUI Travel PLC companies (pending successful performance in this introductory role and your personal suitability)
- Friends and family discount
- Employee discount scheme with access to discounts from a selection of retailers
- Company pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme
Job Division: Specialist & Activity
Location: Condover Hall, Shrewsbury
Your application for ‘Apprentice Receptionist - Condover Hall, Shrewsbury - 2014’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!